Saturday, April 25, 2015

I Am / My Scraps & More + a process video!

Happy Weekend, friends!  I feel like I haven't shared many projects lately.  That's mostly because I can't share what I've been creating lately.  But believe me...I have been a busy little bee behind the scenes!  Not a moment to spare as far as scrapbooking is concerned.  So many projects have to be completed in advance and then you can't share them until weeks later!  But they are coming :)

Today's layout is my latest project for My Scraps & More.  Our April Sketchathon is coming into its last week, and this is the third sketch I created for it.


I used the Simple Stories I Am collection, and it inspired me to create a page about ME and things that are important to me.  I did want to add a bit of watercolor to the background, but I didn't want it to overpower the layout.  So I pulled in some of the coordinating colors and made a subtle mess behind my layering.

This layout reflects my life of being an Autism Mom.  I felt that all the sentiments I added to this page are perfect for this theme.  I decided not to add any extra journaling because I probably would've written a book!  So as I looked through all the stickers and papers, these are the ones that spoke to me and made me say, "That's exactly what I feel right now."  This collection is so perfect for self-reflection.


These strips were part of a 4x6 cut apart sheet, and they describe me perfectly.  I am doing my very best for my children, and yes, we ARE on a journey.  I often ask myself if I'm going to be okay, and even though I have doubts, I know everything WILL turn out okay. I'm strong.  I'm going in the right direction, and I am lucky.  I did add some machine stitching.  I used some really old (REALLY OLD) Stickabilities alphas for "autism mom."  I just had to add that in because that is definitely who I am :)


I love all these little pops of gold (surprise...haha)!  I love the clear stickers and the sticky brads in this line....so fun and easy to use!


More of the same here.  I stitched through those little chipboard frames that I layered in and added in some tangled thread to my layers.  More fun stickers and sentiments as well.


One last close up of the title area...I used a chipboard piece, which I raised up with pop dots.  There are SO many fun word stickers in this line.  I did add a flair button from my stash...it was too perfect not to use.


Here's a process video showing how I created this layout from start to finish.  Hope you enjoy it!



I hope this inspires you to create a layout about YOU!  It was therapeutic in a whole new way for me.  And this collection is perfect for it.  Come on over and join us on the My Scraps boards...lots of fun challenges over there ALL the time!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Missy!! I love the way you used the I AM collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked your layouts when they come up on the my scraps blog - and now I love it even more having watched your process video. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete