Sunday, October 30, 2016

Fall in Florida / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  I'm back today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club.  This was my layout for last Monday, and I used the 2016 October Hip Kits.  My theme for this was Fall, so I did the best I could considering I live in Florida and we really don't get the Fall season.  We have a few days of Fall-like weather, and we don't get the beautiful changing of the leaves.  This photo was taken on Thanksgiving Day at my father-in-law's house at the lake.  It was cool enough to wear jeans, but it still looks like a Summer day instead of Fall.  The joys of being a Floridian :)

I cut a bunch of leaves on my Cameo using one of Kim Watson's cut files for this month.  Before peeling them off the sticky mat, I used multiple Shimmerz Paints to color them.  I used the two Shimmerz from this month's Color Kit...Texturez Crushed Coral & Vibez Glorious Day as well as more from my stash.  I wanted light and airy leaves in non-traditional colors.  I love how the leaves curled up when they dried.  It gives them a more realistic look.


Aren't they beautiful?  I love these soft colors.  You really can't mess up leaves no matter what color they are.  They're easy to layer and tuck, which I what I did here.  I did some gold stitching on some of them before adhering them, and I also added some teal tangled thread in the mix.  I only added some tissue paper and some light pink cardstock behind my photo.


When I first started this page, I was inspired by these pretty feathers on one of the 4x6 Project Life cards designed by Kim Watson.  I fussy cut them out and added them to the leaf mix.  I also added in a few Simple Stories gold clear stickers.  There are also a few gold rub-ons in there, too.


I made a cluster of leaves for the bottom part of the page as well.  I added in a few leaf stems from the Take Me Away gold Thickers, which acted as a dimensional piece for the other leaves.


I'm loving this texture and depth...such a fun way to embellish!


One more close-up of the title area here...I added in one of the We R Memory Keepers wood veneer pieces that matched so well.  I went simple with my title and used some of the exclusive HKC puffy alpha stickers with the WRKM small wood grain alphas.  I added my journaling right under it.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this all came together.  I hope you enjoy and gain some inspiration!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment