Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Love Her / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I'm back today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 September Kits.  I wanted to use a different color scheme for this page.  My last layout used a lot of royal blues & corals, so I went with bright yellows, pinks and teals for this one.  My theme for this page was to use the Project Life cards in a unique way.  I decided to punch circles out of all the teal colored cards.  I went with a vertical design since my photos were in a strip.  I used this gorgeous yellow Maggie Holmes Gather paper as my background and smudged a lot of white gesso over the right side.  I used some of the Prima Oil Pastels from last month's Color Kit and some of the Shimmerz Great Fruit Creameez from this month's Color Kit to create that beautiful pink watercolor look.

Since my photos have a lot of black in them, I added pops of black around the page as well.  There are also lots of shiny gold elements included.


I have been waiting for the perfect page to use these adorable Crate Paper Cute Girl chipboard balloons.  I added pop dots under them here to give them some dimension and added some tangled thread under it.  Here you can see some of the watercolor and background circles.  I did lots of machine stitching and added some pop dots.


Circles are always a great design element to go with.  I love all these shades of teal....so pretty!  Here I added a Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills wood veneer circle, a Crate Paper Gather wooden button and die cut sticker and a Simple Stories Posh die cut.  I love how all of these different elements look together, especially with the pretty pink in the background.


Yellow is so pretty....I just love it.  Here I combined more of the Crate Paper chipboard with some of the black foam Thickers.  I also mixed in lots of the Crate Paper shiny gold phrase stickers and an American Crafts wood veneer.  I embossed half of it with gold powder.  I love how the stitching turned out here.


Shiny gold....swoon!  That gold powder is the Recollections brand from Michael's and it works great.  Here I layered more circles and added a floral CP chipboard piece under the photos.  It was easy to slide under there because I raised the photos up with pop dots.


Here's one more close up.  That "Loved" piece is from the Crate Paper dimensional stickers, and it's the perfect yellow.  I'm so happy with how this turned out!


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out!  I hope you are inspired by it in some way :)


Thank you so much for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment