Friday, November 25, 2016

Love You / Bella Blvd

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope all my American friends had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday.  Our family did, and we are hanging out at home today instead of shopping!  I thought I'd hop on and share my newest layout & process video for Bella Blvd.  This week we focused on using the 6x8 Paper Pads.  I love using those smaller papers for lots of things, but one thing that jumps into my head is using them to back cut files.  That's what I did here.  I used this beautiful heart cut file from the Just Nick store.  I cut it on white cardstock and then used 6x8 papers from the Illustrated Faith You Are Loved, Bright & Brave, Addison and Alex collections.  Using so many papers gives you a chance to use lots of colors & patterns in small doses.  I went with lots of colors on this since my sweet photo has lots of oranges and pinks.  My background paper is from She is Loved...isn't it so pretty?


Another great thing about the 6x8 papers is the patterns are smaller than the larger papers.  This floral paper here is a great example.  The flowers here are smaller but a lot bigger on the 12x12 paper.  I added some foam adhesive to the back to raise it up a bit and then added different colors of tangled thread all over the page.  That cut floral cluster is from the Clear Cuts pad.  I fussy cut it out.  It's sheets of patterned acetate meant for Bible journaling, but you can certainly use them on layouts.  I also did some watercolor work on the background.  I used the new IF Watercolors to add some shades of orange and pink to the background.


Here's another Clear Cut that I used for part of my title.  I also used some of the 6x8 papers as layers behind my photo.  That's another great thing to use them for...layering.


I used a few of the cardstock stickers from You Are Loved here as well as a Clear Cut heart that I cut out and stapled to my photo.  I also did some machine stitching through the cut file before I stuck it down.  I used different colored threads to stitch through the bigger hearts that I didn't back.


I dug into the Paper Pieces package of die cuts and used a few of those for embellishing.  I love the pops of black around the page.  Black always contrasts so nicely against all the bright colors.  I pulled a few stickers from the Fundamentals sheet like that cute yellow tab on top of the photo.


Here's one more close-up.  I just love backing cut files!  And when you have a beautiful cut file like this one, it makes is even more fun!


I do have a process video for this layout...I hope you enjoy it!  It's also posted on the Bella Blvd YouTube channel, so go check that out, too!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment: