Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Beautiful / Hip Kit Club

Hey there!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 December Hip Kits.  This is my first page using these new kits, and everything is so colorful and pretty!  The first thing I wanted to use was this beautiful floral wreath cut file designed by Kim Watson.  I cut it on white cardstock and then used a few of the patterned papers from the Main Kit and/or Paper Kit to back the flowers.  I used some green Shimmerz from my stash to lightly paint the leaves.  I chose this beautiful coral patterned paper from the Pink Paislee Take Me Away collection by Paige Evans for my background.  I smudged a lot of white gesso over a lot of it and then used some Pink Shimmerz sprays from my stash as well as some of the Sweet Mint Color Shine (from the Color Kit) to create the watercolor effect.  I also added in some of the Well Blue Me Down Coloringz and some purple Shimmerz from my stash.

I also used the dotted Echo Park stencil with some of the Coral Me Crazy Dazzlerz from the October Color Kit on the background to add some subtle texture.  I embellished with Take Me Away die cuts as well as exclusive Hip Kit die cuts (in the Project Life Kit), My Mind's Eye gold acrylic shapes, some Amy Tangerine Thickers, and some Take Me Away sequins.


Here you can see the background texture really well.  I love adding things to the background to add all those fun little details!  Backing the cut file was a little tricky because of all the tiny cuts, but I love how it turned out.  I added some yellow and purple sequins, and this "date" piece is from the exclusive ephemera pack.  I stamped the date and and then stitched through it.  I also added some gold Color Shine splatters to the background to go along with all those other colors.


Kim Watson did a fabulous job creating this pretty design!  It would look great cut on any color or paper.  I added some of the Take Me Away die cuts under and on top of my photo strip and then tore a piece of the American Crafts glitter tape for an added layer.


This cute "details" tab is exclusive, and I added two different colors of purple thread under it.  This "hello you" tag was perfect for layering here, and I added some cord to the end of it.  And more sequins and a gold acrylic heart :)


Here's another look at the layered pieces.  These photos are just cute random moments with my daughter from a few years ago.  Those are my favorite types of photos to scrap...those every day around the house shots.


One of the layered die cuts is the pink couch.  I had no idea when or where I might use it on a page, so I used it as a layering piece.  It gives a great pop of color and shape, and you would never know it's a couch.  I also added in one of the Take Me Away decorative clips at the top.


To jazz up this white Thicker, I smudged some pink Shimmerz on it with my finger.  It didn't stand out enoug, so I added some teal.  I liked how that looked, and then I splattered some gold Color Shine on it.  These Thickers are great for altering!  I added the "Sweet" gold acrylic piece right on top of it and then added my journaling down under the wreath.


This was s much fun to make...these kits are just beautiful this month!  You can check out my process video if you'd like to check out how I put this together.  I hope you enjoy the process!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love those cute random moments too. I don't take enough of those photos...thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I LOVE the colors and the mixed media and texture

    ReplyDelete