Friday, December 16, 2016

Pretty Little Studio Guest Designer / Summer Sunshine

It's Friday...yeah!  The last day before Christmas Break for the kids, and boy am I looking forward to it :)  Today I'm sharing my second layout as December Guest Designer for Pretty Little Studio.  I was so excited to get to work with bright Summer colors!  You know they are my favorite any time of the year.




Once again, I used the Here Comes the Sun collection.  I pulled a sheet of light mint cardstock from my stash to use as my background.  I decided to create a large title and make it the main design element.  This is the Open Letter Alpha cut file from The Cut Shoppe, which I love.  I chose papers from the collection to back the letters with.  I used white gesso on the background to make it look lighter and cloudy and then used my favorite Shimmerz colors to add color on top of that.  Once my title was in place, I stacked and overlapped my photos on the right.  She's facing the left in the pictures, so I placed them on the right side of the page to give the illusion that she's looking across the page.


How gorgeous is this die cut?!  I layered it over the big title and added some foam under it for dimension.  I added in more little die cuts like the cloud, the popsicle and heart.  I love how everything looks watercolored!  I couldn't resist adding that adorable watermelon flair!


Backing a die cut with patterned paper is probably one of my top 3 favorite techniques to do on a scrapbook layout.  Although it takes some time, it's a lot of fun and totally worth it.  I love how many patterns I got on the page without it being too busy.  Small doses of patterns can go a long way!  I added lots of tangled thread under the title and stitched through it.  I added even more flair, too!  They're all so cute!


Here's a close up of one of the flair.  This one is from the You & Me Love Story collection, but it matches perfectly with the Here Comes the Sun line.  This big M has vellum behind it instead of patterned paper.  I did add some white cardstock behind it to make the vellum stay true to color once it had the mint background behind it.


Since I had so many patterns already going on in the big title, I didn't back my photos with any paper.  I just used a bit of tissue paper for a subtle border.  I added foam under the bottom one to raise it up and tucked the top one under it just a little bit.


I just love these colors together...they're so pretty!  I love adding thread under my flair buttons, too.  It just gives them a little next to sit in and gives a little pop of color around it.


I hope this has inspired you in some way...it was so much fun to put together!  If you'd like to watch how I created it, here's my process video.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously adorable Missy! Love the pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete