Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Mermazing Day / Bella Blvd Creativation 2017 Projects

Hey there!  Today I wanted to share two more of the projects I created for Creativation 2017 (CHA) featuring the new Secrets of the Sea collection by Bella Blvd.  I used the girl line, and it is just perfect for my pool photos!  I couldn't wait to use the adorable little mermaids in the collection.

For this layout, I started with some white cardstock as my background.  I wanted to keep things light since the mermaids were so colorful as well as my photo.  I used a big chunk of subtle floral patterned paper on the center of my background and then went over a lot of the area with white gesso.  I used several Shimmerz Paints to create lots of colorful watercolor splotches.  I created my "mermazing" title using the Open Letter Alpha from The Cut Shoppe and several of the patterned papers.  I added foam under it to give it some height, and I added some matching tangled thread under it.  I used three of the super adorable mermaid die cuts for embellishing...they are my favorite!



Look at these colors!  I layered the cute blonde mermaid right on top of my photo since I had some open space there.  I like doing this when there's space and when it doesn't take away from the photo.  I love how it looks like my daughter is looking right at her :)  Here you can see the dimension from the foam adhesive.


Here you can really see the awesome shadows created from the dimension.  I added a few of the blue alpha stickers from the collection to complete the title and then I machine stitched through it.  I created another cute cluster down at the bottom using another mermaid, flower die cut and a cute fishy puffy sticker.


I added my journaling down here at the bottom.  Here you can see how the gesso faded out some of the floral pattern yet you can still see it.  I love doing this to create a subtle look.


I love the color of the pool water....oh my gosh!  My favorite!  I probably could've added a little more adhesive foam to make this a little more even, but from the top view it looks okay to me.  And when it goes into an album it will look just fine :)


Here's one more look at the title area...I really love how this turned out.


I also made a card, and I tried to get creative with the title :D  I combined some puffy stickers with some die cuts to create a fun little ocean scene.


I added some blue Shimmerz to the background to give the "water" a little variation in color.  I love the pops of pink and green, and the navy really pops.  I used some of the Tiny Text alphas to create the title.


Again, adding foam adhesive under the fish really makes a big difference!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is so stinkin' cute! I adore the card and layout!

    ReplyDelete