Monday, May 29, 2017

Love (and a lot of mixed media!) / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest project for the Shimmerz Education Team.  This layout took lots of twists and turns, and it wound up looking completely different than I expected.  Even the color scheme changed as it went.  And that's okay because I love how it turned out :)

I used a lot of the original Shimmerz Paints to start with.  I pulled out some bubble wrap and painted on three colors and then flipped it over and used it as a stamp.  You get a really cool messy circle design.  After that dried, I used some Vibez and Coloringz to add more shades of pink and blue.  I'll list all the colors I used down below.  After I had all those colors down, I decided to scrap this photo I've had sitting on my desk for a while.  It has interesting colors in it, so I challenged myself to make it work with the color scheme I already had going.  As soon as I saw the palm fronds in the photo, I knew I wanted to make some of my own and use as big embellishments.


After I added in all the palm fronds, I decided to go a little bolder with the pinks. I pulled out some flower die cuts from the Crate Paper Cute Girl collection and tucked them in.  These two smaller pink flowers I punched from cardstock that I colored with Pinkadelic Acritonez. The color matched perfectly.  I added in some tangled thread in coordinating colors and wrote my journaling down below that.  Here you can also see some of the gorgeous sequins I used from SpiegelMom Scraps.  Those little flowers are amazing...the petals curl up and they are so dimensional.


I used a cut file from the Silhouette store to cut the palm fronds on white cardstock.  I used Shimmerz Jilted Jade, Vibez Velveteen Green & Acritonez Peas Be Mine to color them.  I love the bright shades of green!  I think they look especially beautiful up against that bright pink acetate die cut.  You can also see more of those cute sequins here.


One fun thing about painting floral or leaf die cuts like this is when they dry, the edges curl up.  It really gives a nice dimensional effect and makes them look a little more realistic.  I used a few random MAMBI Project Life cards as layers behind my photo.


I went super simple with my title and just used one of the Crate Paper die cuts.  It matched and looked cute wedged there in between the palm fronts.  I'm usually not a huge bright green fan, but these mix of greens is changing my mind!


Here's the area above the photo...lots of splatters and layering.


Here's one more look at the awesome texture and dimension.  I'm really happy with how this turned out even if it does look different than I thought :)


I hope this inspires you to create something different and fun!  Try mixing and matching your Shimmerz products.  Layering them is a lot of fun, and you can get some really gorgeous colors that way.  Here's the process video for this page.  I hope you enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used: 
Shimmerz: Tickle Me Turquoise, Anchors Away, Jilted Jade, Ultra Marine, Magenta, Royal Red, Pumpkin
Vibez:  Sweetheart, Blue Jeans, Velveteen Green
Coloringz:  Heidi Ho Blue
Acritonez: Peas Be Mine, Pinkadelic


No comments:

Post a Comment