Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hello Michael / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hey there, and Happy Tuesday :)  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  We are all choosing a fellow DT member to scraplift all week long, and I chose this beautiful layout by Gwen Wruck to lift.  I love the big star, all the fun embellishments and the cat photo.  I was inspired to recreate this layout, and I also used a photo of our cat :)

Here's Gwen's page:


Here's my page.  Like her, I used the new You Rock collection.  This color scheme was fun to use since I usually scrap with more girly colors.  The only thing not from You rock is the dark blue alpha stickers.  Those are from the Life is Beautiful collection.

I love this grey circular background paper.  I started my design by cutting a few stars on my Cameo.  I used two different patterned papers and then decided to use the center cut outs as well.  I flipped them over so it looks like I used four papers.  I layered them crooked, adhered them down and then covered a lot of the area with white gesso.  I wanted to bring out more of that bright blue color, so I added some blue Shimmerz as well as some grey over everything.  I embellished with a little bit of everything from the collection.


I ran the background through my sewing machine using some light grey thread.  I just stitched around the large blue star.  Here I created a little cluster using a die cut, a fussy cut star, a flair button, a chipboard star and a fussy cut washi tape star.  So many different pieces combined!  I love doing that :)  I added a pop of yellow here with the thread under the flair.


Here's another cluster.  I used a bigger fussy cut star with the smaller red one and then added the "Rad" die cut with some foam and thread under it.  I mixed and matched my title with a "hello" wood veneer and those dark blue alphas.  I really love how all of these elements look against the messy background.


Here's another look at the title area.  I added in a sticker from the Accessory Sheet and another die cut.  That chevron piece under the photo is also a die cut.


I know I sound like a broken record all the time, but I just love creating dimension.  Adding foam under a photo is such a great and easy way to do that.


I used a few of the 3x4 cut apart pieces as layers behind the photo as well as some tissue paper.  I added a Rubber Charm on top of the photo and used another flair button on the side.


I almost didn't add these red stars.  I didn't think I wanted to add another color to the mix, but I'm so glad I did.  I love the bright pops of color, and I used three to create a visual triangle.


Here's one more close-up just because I love looking at dimension and color :)


I hope this inspires you to scraplift someone you love and make it your own!  And challenge yourself to use a different color scheme than you're used to.  I loved making this, and I can't wait to use this collection again.

I do have a process video if you'd like to see it...


Thanks a million for stopping by!  Have a fabulous day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment