Monday, August 7, 2017

Fantastic Fun / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  I have a very bright and tropical layout to share today for Hip Kit Club.  I used the incredibly stunning 2017 July Hip Kits.  They make it so easy to create gorgeous Summer layouts!  I couldn’t be more excited about that  

For this page, I started with the big pineapple Project Life card from the Project Life Kit.  I let it dictate where my photo would go to begin my design process.  Since the pineapple was already cut in half, I let it run off the right side of the page and overlapped it onto my photo.  The rest of the page stemmed from that placement.  I used one of the June exclusive cut files…that gorgeous hibiscus flower and leaves.  I cut it on white cardstock, coated it with gesso, and then used the Prima Watercolor Confections from the May Color Kit to jazz it up.  I used one of the Dear Lizzy papers as my background (available in the Main Kit and Paper Kit).  I added white gesso to the center area and then went to town with embellishing.


I used so many of the beautiful exclusives to embellish with.  I used some of the epoxy stickers from the Main Kit, and puffy stickers and chipboard stickers from the Embellishment Kit.  I also used some of the Amy Tangerine die cuts, including two of the pineapples.  I used a few of the Echo Park brads as well.


Flamingos!!  I can’t get enough of them lately.  This one is included on the exclusive chipboard stickers, and so is that blue banner piece.  I love the contrast of these gorgeous colors against those pineapples.


 I can’t say enough wonderful things about dimension.  It’s so easy to create it to get more of a 3D look on your pages.  The big die cut curled up once it dried, and that is perfect for leaves.  I also added some adhesive foam under it for more lift.


I used some Project Life cards as layers under the photo.  I wish I had more of this gorgeous pineapple!  It’s just gorgeous.  I added in two exclusive chipboard speech bubbles here as well.  I can’t get  over how perfectly everything matches!


Here’s the bottom area below the photo.  I added in some tangled thread, a puffy sticker, a clear Echo Park epoxy sticker, some puffy dots and a chipboard flower.


This is truly one of my favorite Hip Kit layouts!  These kits make it impossible to create a bad page.  Everything is just so pretty, and it all coordinates so well.  I hope you are inspired by it!  I have a process video if you’d like to watch this page in action.


Thanks so much for visiting me today...have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment