Monday, August 28, 2017

I Look at You / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  Today I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 August Hip Kits.  My theme for last week was to use lots of the alpha stickers.  I used a sweet photo of me and my little goosie :)

I used one of the Maggie Holmes patterned papers as my background.  It's pretty busy, so I covered a lot of it with white acrylic paint to fade out a lot of the circles.  I used some of the Shimmerz Paints from the Color Kit to add color to the background.  Once I knew where my photo was going to go, I went to work with the alpha stickers.  I found this cute quote on Pinterest and recreated it here by mixing and matching all the fun alphas.  I cut "sunshine" on my Cameo using white cardstock.  I colored it with the Pretty in Pink Coloringz and a dash of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.


All these fun alphas are from a mix of the kits.  There are metallic gold Thickers, a few different exclusive alpha stickers, and some Crate Paper stickers.  I also used some of the Maggie Holmes Carousel chipboard and die cut ephemera.


The Maggie Holmes chipboard banner was a perfect fit under my big title.  I curved the "sunshine" to make it sit above the curve of the banner.  I also added a sticker banner under this one over on the right, and I tucked in a fussy cut flower here on the left side.  I layered a few patterned papers under my photo, and that's a Maggie Holmes puffy sticker on top.


Look how shiny the metallic gold is!  Gotta love that :)  I added in a chipboard pennant at the top mainly because it looked really cute, and it was perfect for a pop of yellow.  Sometimes you add something simply because you "like the way it looks" :D


Here you can see the layers under the photo.  I also tucked in a Project Life card and a piece of a die cut with gold glitter on it.  Let's not forget the thread...haha!  I also made a little heart cluster using chipboard and puffy stickers, both from Crate Paper.


Here's the top of the layout.  I love how chipboard gives such great depth without even trying!


I just had to use this adorable chipboard camera.  It fit just right in this spot.  I tucked in another fussy cut flower cluster and added some pink thread.


I love how this piece turned out!  The pink color mixed with the gold looks so pretty up against the teal and yellow background.  And that banner was the perfect length.  I couldn't have done that again if I tried...haha.


I hope you guys enjoyed this page.  It was fun to make!  I hope you'll check out my process video to see how I created it.


Thanks so much for visiting me today, and have a great Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Love the title and I love the font you used for "sunshine." Could you share which font you used to cut out that word on your Silhouette? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete