Friday, October 6, 2017

Happy Days / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  It's FRIDAY...yeah!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 September Kits.  I decided to pull out an old chevron punch from my stash to create a large textured heart.  I was inspired by the beautiful striped Shimelle paper from the Main Kit and Paper Kit.  I also used a few papers from the Turn the Page collection.  I hand cut a big heart from patterned paper and then glued down all the punched strips.  I chose the beautiful Ash card stock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I went around the edges of the heart with white gesso and then used the Shimmerz from the Color Kit on top of it.  I also smudged some white gesso on some areas of the heart and added more of the Shimmerz.  I just love the look it gives, and it creates nice depth.


Here you can see the amazing texture from the paper strips!  I did a bit of machine stitching with metallic gold thread through a few of the strips.  I went simple with my title and used one of the Shimelle Thickers from the Embellishment Kit and some of the Hip Kit exclusive gold chipboard alphas from the Main Kit.  I embellished around the photo with some Turn the Page die cuts.


I went simple with the title and combined one of the Shimelle glitter Thickers with the metallic gold Hip Kit exclusive chipboard alphas.  I love how they stand out against the background.


I also used one of the Amy Tangerine bows.  Here you can see how the Sunset Strip Shimmerz created a nice solid yellow area for my title to go. This breaks up the colorful background and make the title pop off the page a bit more.


In the upper right area, I created a little cluster using more of the Turn the Page goodies.  I used one of the 2×2 Paper Pad papers, one of the Paper Clips, some Puffy Stickers and a Wood Veneer.  I added some aqua Shimmerz from my stash behind it.


Finally, I added one of the cute Turn the Page birds and finished everything off with some gold Color Shine splatters.


I hope this inspires you to try using the Color Kit to create your next project!  Be sure to check out my process video here if you'd like to see how I made this.



Thanks so much, and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment