Monday, December 18, 2017

Merry Ridin' / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  One week until Christmas...wow!  Today I wanted to share another layout I created for Hip Kit Club using the 2017 November Hip Kits.  I just love this beautiful tree cut file...you can find it on the Hip Kit website under the Cut Files tab.  It was one of the FREE ones for our 12 Days of Giving.

I originally wanted to use the tree as a mask after cutting it out on white cardstock.  I used the Distress Oxides from the Color Kit and a blending tool to smudge the ink over the die cut.  I wanted to have blended and faded colors around the white negative space under the tree.  I also used a gold ink pad from my stash down at the bottom and sprayed some Gold Color Shine at the top.  Once I removed the tree, I fell in love with how it looked!  And I also loved how the actual cut file looked with all the color.  I decided to use it and just overlapped it with the white "shadow."  I really love how it turned out.


Before gluing anything down, I machine stitched through all the loops of the tree for some extra gold shine.  I mixed and matched for my title here.  I cut "Merry" from a Project Life card and "ridin'" is from the exclusive Hip Kit gold puffy alpha sticker sheet.  I went with this title since we were riding around in a golf cart...enjoying the heat...one week before Christmas...haha!  I also added some of the exclusive sequins around the page.


So many little things here...some exclusive wood veneer pieces, some exclusive washi tape hearts, a Crate Paper sticker and "Magical Memories" was fussy cut from the exclusive cut-apart sheet.


I used a few Project Life cards under my photo for layering as well as some of the Crate Paper chipboard frames.  I love this one with all the gold glitter!  I also scattered a few enamel dots around the page and added some aqua thread.  The flower sticker is from the American Crafts Sweater Weather sticker sheet.


I couldn't resist using the "Warm Wishes" exclusive flair since it was 80 degrees :)  I layered a circle die cut under it and added a few stickers around it.


I love how pretty the Gold Color Shine looks here...bright and shiny but still nice and subtle.


I had a blast putting this together.  The Color Kit made it come together pretty quickly.  I hope you're inspired in some way!  Here's my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping in, and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment