Saturday, December 30, 2017

Very Merry Christmas / Hip Kit Club

It's the weekend...woo hoo!  Only a few more days left of 2017.  Crazy!  I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club with you today.  I used the 2017 December Hip Kits, and even though they aren't holiday themed at all, I made this fun Christmas page!

There are lots of holiday colors throughout the products, and I mixed them together to create a Christmas color scheme.  I began with one of Irit's gorgeous watercolor papers as my background.  I used the Impact font and cut CHRISTMAS out really big using my Cameo.  I backed the open letters with various papers from the kit.  Once that was done, I added some white gesso over a lot of the background.  I wanted to add more color to the background, so I used some pink Shimmerz that came in our Color Kit this month.  I mixed in a few more pinks from my stash and added a bit of Gold Color Shine (from a Color Kit a few years ago!).



Look how shiny it all is!  So pretty.  I love these Thickers...so glittery and gold!  I used some of the small light blue Pinkfresh Studio alpha stickers up top here and that little bird is my favorite!  It's actually the top part of a Vicki Boutin clip, but I just cut the bird out.  I also machine stitched through the title with gold thread.


I had a lot of open "dead" space in my photos...just windows and curtains.  So I overlapped a few die cuts and stickers right on top of them.  I tucked in some light blue thread and a few enamel dots.

I love using a big title like this.  It helps get the design going, and once you have it, it's permanent.  That means you have only so many spots to put your photos and embellishments.  I like that aspect of this technique because it makes the page come together faster.


That flower cluster is another Vicki Boutin clip that I tucked under the photos.  I added some leaves from her die cut pack and some from Crate Paper Good Vibes.  I used one of my scalloped border punches and punched a Project Life card to create this little blue border.  I also used a few of the Pinkfresh Studio stitched vellum stars.  They're perfect for a Christmas page!


I also watered down some white acrylic paint and splattered it around to create the look of "snow."  It's pretty subtle, but I like it :)


And one more close up of the bottom cluster area.  I love mixing and matching chipboard with flat stickers!  Such great dimension!


This was really fun to make, and I love the challenge of creating a holiday page with non-holiday products.  You just have to think outside the box!  Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I made this from start to finish:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment