Friday, May 11, 2018

Flower Canvas / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends! It's Friday...yeah!  I have a fun and colorful canvas to share for the Paige Evans Design Team using Paige’s Spring Flowers cut file. I cut a few sets from white cardstock using a Silhouette Cameo and backed the flowers with papers from the Pick-Me-Up 6x6 Paper Pad, the Oh My Heart 6x6 Paper Pad, and the Take Me Away 6x6 Paper Pad. I wanted to add more texture to the cut files so I hand stitched around the center of each flower with coordinating embroidery thread. I had the idea of creating a landscape so I coated the canvas with clear gesso and then used several blue and green ink sprays. I spritzed the inks with water and let the colors blend and pool together by turning the canvas different directions. I love how it turned out!


I colored the stems and leaves a light green color but left the flower outlines white so the colors would stand out. I added some adhesive foam behind each flower and then overlapped them to create a ton of dimension. Here you can see the pretty Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine splatters I added.


I love how the pretty blue sky turned out! I wanted a few animals flying around the canvas so I fussy cut a few birds from the Turn the Page 6x6 Paper Pad and Paper 16. I also used a few of the butterflies from the Turn the Page Chipboard Stickers.


I love using quotes and I found this one on Pinterest. I used the Pick-Me-Up Alphabet Stamps and some white ink to create it along the left side. I finished it off with a few puffy flower stickers from the Oh My Heart Puffy Stickers.


If you haven't gotten your hands on some adhesive foam, you should get some very soon!  It makes such a difference.  The flowers just pop off the canvas just simply by adding some height to them.  And the stitching adds even more depth and texture.


Look at those rich colors!  You could totally do with this with watercolors or gelatos or even acrylics.  It would be fun to even mix and match all of those things.


I love how the splotchy stamping turned out.  It's not super bright, so it doesn't compete with the colorful flowers.


One more close-up of the flowers just because they're so pretty to look at :)


I hope this inspires you to give layouts a break and try something “off-the-page.” This was fun to create and I didn’t even miss working with a photo. The cut file and all those colors really helped this all come together.  Be sure to check out my process video for more details :)



Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment