Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Good Vibes / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends :)  Here is my first layout using the 2018 May Hip Kits!  They are filled with tons of bright and beautiful products from so many different manufacturers.  My theme for this was circles, so I decided to create my own background using them.  I used an old homemade circle stencil and painted circles using the Vicki Boutin Acrylic Paints from the Color Kit.  I just smudged the paint on using a foam ink blending tool.  I added more circles with the Vicki Boutin stamps.  They are the coolest!  My background paper is from Pinkfresh Studio, available in the Main Kit.


These colors...so gorgeous!  I wanted to add pops of black, so I used black archival ink to stamp the circles.  I also used an older Hip Kit exclusive tiny circle stencil from a few years ago to smudge more circles.  I added some black splatters as well.  I punched more circles from one of the black and white Heidi Swapp patterned papers and then stitched through those with black thread.


I also stitched a messy frame around my photos.  I used a few Project Life cards under the photos as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam.  I love the title mix here...I used an Amy Tangerine clear sticker and combined it with some Simple Stories chipboard.  I layered a piece of a PL card  under that as well as a lime green die cut banner piece from Pretty Little Studio.


These photos are so adorable.  These were taken on our patio right before Hurricane Irma blew through.  Paige is so silly, and she was in a good mood here so naturally I took a million pictures :D  I layered a few more Pretty Little Studio pieces on top of the photos.



I added my journaling under the title and then built a small cluster of strips down at the bottom.  I brought in all the colors in the top of the layout to the bottom.




I know, I take a lot of close ups :D


I hope this inspires you to create some fun circles on your next background.  I highly recommend the Color Kits each month.  They last for a long time, and things always wind up matching the next month's kits.  I use all the goodies from previous kits all the time.  Very good choice to purchase if you like mixed media :)

Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping by!  See you soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment